* * * * *
British Columbia Elections Act says:
The chief electoral officer must not
(a) hold another office or engage in other employment,
Craig James, Acting Chief Electoral Officer, in a letter dated October 7, 2010 to MLA John Horgan, boasts:
- "[I perform work] for the World Bank and Canadian Comprehensive Auditing Foundation (CCAF, Inc.)
- "I have been engaged with the Bank in a variety of tasks. . . It has taken me to places such as Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, India and El Salvador, to name a few. . .
- "The Turkish Government has asked me to assist them with a strategic plan . . .
- "The World Bank continues to rely upon me for assistance. . .
- "As for the CCAF, the Advisory Board meets regularly in Ottawa to discuss matters of financial import . . . and corporate structures generally. Again, this is very rewarding work.
- "The World Bank has asked me to lead a seminar in Bangladesh in December, while the CCAF has asked me to attend a planning session in Ottawa in November.
- "I am also the Executive Director of the Canadian Council of Public Accounts Committees and have been since 1985.
- "I occupy a number of other positions, such as the Deputy Chair of the Editorial Board of the Canadian Parliamentary Review."
Letter to John Horgan From EBC
H/T to G.West, a citizen who pays attention to details and Kim who initiated communication with John Horgan. Recommend this post