National Post complained that Michael Ignatieff turned a blind eye after Liberal MP Pablo Rodriguez was accused, not convicted, of failing to provide a breathalyzer sample. Of course, the newspaper says, Ignatieff has no alternative but to ask Rodriguez to step down. "Out of respect for the thousands of victims of this social scourge, he really has little choice."Recommend this post
That would be fine, except the same National Post told us to "move on" after Gordon Campbell was convicted of drunk driving. It said that if the Premier were to display contrition over the issue, he would be "making a second serious mistake, one that could end his political career."
- The sale of BCR might have been corrupt, but it's time to move on.
- Tax policy shifting billions from business to consumers perhaps should have been discussed before implementation, but, it's time to move on.
- Advance purchase contracts for private power producers may disadvantage the public, which assumes almost all financial risks of the deals, but, it's time to move on.
- We might be not be following the Canada Health Act, but our private friends want to deliver all the most profitable health care services without us enforcing the law as written, so it's time to move on.
- We've stopped using competitive bidding for awarding large government contracts because that requires businesses to compete with each other and that is not efficient. Critics should recognize this is our way, it's time to move on.
- People should stop complaining about how only rich people can afford the civil courts, that's what our friends prefer so, get over it. It's time to move on.
- Fish farms may damage the wild fisheries but so does logging in coastal valleys, building hundreds of dams on coastal rivers, mining gravel from riverbeds and dumping sewage and chemicals into the wateways, but that's progress, so move on.
- Giving friendly real estate developers free hands to build on farmlands is economically efficient and that land is too valuable for crops or pasture. So, move on and get over it.